Because Ideabar changes minds + moves markets for brands we believe in
Tell us a powerful story about how your metro Atlanta nonprofit organization advances racial equality and social justice to create a more equitable society by addressing systemic racial discrimination in areas such as education, employment, criminal justice, the environment, healthcare, voting, etc., and you could be awarded $250,000 of in-kind marketing services from Ideabar, a marketing + media agency and Cox Enterprises company.
Ideabar’s creative professionals are motivated to respond to racial injustice in a meaningful way through this program.
The winner of Empowering Equality and Ideabar will collaborate to tell an even more powerful brand story together.
- August 15 – September 30: Entry period for submissions
- October 15: Ideabar announces 10 finalists
- October 15 – 30: Finalist vetting
- November 2 – 16: Online community vote
- November 17 – 30: Final judging
- December 1: Winner announced
- January 2021: $250,000 of in-kind marketing support begins
- Services rendered in 2021
Start preparing your entry now: See details below.
Services awarded could include: Research, Branding, Creative, Media Planning, Website, and Photography. For a full list of Ideabar services, visit ideabar.agency/services. No purchase of services is required, paid media is not included.
Entry Period Closed
Finalists will be announced November 2, when our public voting period opens. Check back soon to support your favorite charity.
Start preparing your entry.
How does your nonprofit advance racial equality?
Tell us in an essay of up to 500 words.
What would your nonprofit do with $250,000 in marketing services?
Tell us how you’d collaborate with Ideabar to tell an even more powerful story (see services above).
Two from board members or executive leaders in your nonprofit organization, and two from people who are positively impacted by your organization’s work.
Await the results.
Following the community vote, all 10 Finalist official entries will be reviewed and scored by a panel of community judges. These scores will be combined with the results of the community vote, as well as scoring by Ideabar employees, to determine a Grand Prize winner.
Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer - Cox Enterprises
New Business Growth Management - Cox Communications
Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer - Cox Communications
Vice President and General Manager - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
2020 Winner: Chattahoochee Riverkeeper
Chattahoochee Riverkeeper, a metro Atlanta nonprofit, has won $250,000 of in-kind marketing services through “Green for Good: Environmental Change,” an environmental marketing challenge sponsored by Ideabar, a Cox Enterprises company. By telling a compelling story about how it is positively impacting the environment and its community, Chattahoochee Riverkeeper has been awarded in-kind marketing services, which could include research, branding and logo development, a creative advertising campaign, collateral design and website development.Learn More
2019 Winner: Loggerhead Marinelife Center
Loggerhead Marinelife Center is a leading authority locally and internationally in ocean conservation via sea turtle research, rehabilitation and educational programs. Their world-renowned sea turtle hospital is one of the leading facilities in the world and a prime resource for sea turtle rehabilitation.Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to enter?
Any 501c3 nonprofit registered in the metropolitan Atlanta, GA area as defined by the Metro Atlanta Chamber.
How and when do I enter?
Entries will be accepted via this landing page from August 15 – September 30, 2020. We will only accept entries uploaded through this landing page. No late or early entries will be accepted.
What do I need to submit for my entry to be valid?
Please reference official rules for further details. Upload one (1) singular PDF document with the following:
- Up to 500 word essay: how does your nonprofit advances racial equality and social justice to create a more equitable society by addressing systemic racial discrimination in areas such as education, employment, criminal justice, the environment, healthcare, voting, etc.
- In one page or less, What would your nonprofit do with $250,000 in Ideabar marketing services?
- Include written testimonials that talk about the positive environmental change your nonprofit champions
- A copy of your most recent IRS Form 990
- Total, combined percentage of executive leadership team and board of directors (if applicable) who are any of the racial/ethnic minorities included in the official rules*
How will I know if I am a finalist?
You will be notified via email around October 15, 2020 with a list of the top finalists.
How many finalists will be chosen?
Up to 10 finalists will be chosen.
How will the finalists and winners be chosen?
A score based on evaluations by Ideabar employees, a panel of official judges, and an online community vote will determine the final winner.
What criteria will be used to judge the entries?
- Advances racial equality and social justice to create a more equitable society by addressing systemic racial discrimination in areas such as education, employment, criminal justice, the environment, healthcare, voting, etc. (33.4%)
- Articulates a powerful story of how the organization advances racial justice and social justice that can be amplified through the Contest’s in-kind marketing services provided as the Prize (33.3%)
- Is led by a racially/ethnically diverse executive leadership team and/or board (33.3%)
When will the winner be announced?
On or around December 1, 2020.